File this under the recipes you’ll hate me for again (like the easy peanut butter cups and the vanilla cupcakes for two). We all know that eating regular cookie dough (containing eggs) is a no-no because of salmonella. But here’s a great replacement that you easily can make to get that cookie dough taste.
Because this is so simple to make, even I felt guilty. So how did I eat it? While sitting on my balance ball. It totally negated any of the bad carbs that I ingested (ha!) My husband said it tasted just like the cookie dough in Ben & Jerry’s ice cream so that must be a good thing, right?
What You Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed, light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk (I substituted almond milk in place of regular milk and it worked just fine)
- Mix-ins of your choice (I used about two cups of mini semisweet chocolate chip morsels but you could add nuts, white chocolate chips, just about anything…)
What You Do
Stir everything together. Eat.
Now, you could put these in other baking items – like stuffed cupcakes, crumble over ice cream, make a parfait or any other creation. But, I was perfectly fine with it on its own.